Search This Blog

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Part Deux!

So part two!

Where were we, ah recalling the boring details of my mildly boring life.


I have gone through a lot of changes this year. I had gastric bypass surgery ( July of 2010) and h ave lost about 110 lbs so far. Although I could see me losing another 40 lbs or so, I think that my progress thus far has been good. I have changed  a lot of majorly bad habits, initiated some better ones, and found myself a great support system to help me keep the weight off.

Contrary to popular belief, weight loss surgery is not the easy way out of being overweight. The person who has had weight loss surgery ( WLS), goes through the same daily struggles as someone who is doing it "the old fashioned way". We struggle to make healthy choices, to keep ourselves from falling back into bad habits, and to learn to lean on the support that you have built for yourself. I have to hold my tounge every time someone says that you took the easy way out. Does having your insides rearranged sound like the easy way out? Dealing with pain and constant supervision by doctors sounds easy.....okay. I have to take so many supplements and pills now, that I feel like an 80 year old woman some days. I don't like people to know how much I really take, because there is a judgement factor that comes with it. I did get myself into this...I do have to face the consequences of my actions, and I am not asking for your pity.

I love everyone who has been there for me throughout this process, my mother, my brother, my father, and my entire family. The support I recieve from other WLS patients is invaluable. I couldn't make it without them to fall back on sometimes. There are days when I have pain, and one reason I get myself up and out of my room is because I see them doing things, and I want to be them. You can't let pain get you down.

I have gone through a lot of changes in the past year....I have gone from a size 24 to a size 10-12, and I have gained some self-confidence...and other people have started to notice that confidence as well..it's a different feeling when other people start to notice you, and you have felt invisible most of your life. Having a boy look at you in "that way" or a boy remembering my name....it's just different.

Ok, so that's enough for today...more explanation of my life tomorrow. :)

Talk to you all later! <3

3 comments:

  1. I never realized how much of a journey you were on. Don't let anyone get you down, your hard work is paying off. You look beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Stacy!! How are you and your family doing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw your welcome! We're doing pretty good, thanks for thinking of us. :)

    ReplyDelete