Search This Blog

Monday, February 20, 2012

NO Meat! :)

So as many of you may know, Lent is coming up! Some of you may choose to give up things like ice cream, candy, chocolate, soda etc...well, since I don't really partake in any of those things, I decided to do a little bit of research and go for another food that might be beneficial to skip out on for a while. After hearing about the documentary "Forks Over Knives", which promotes a "plant based diet" ( basically nothing coming from an animal), I decided a would try it with some stipulations. I am going to allow myself nonfat dairy products including yogurt and some cheeses, and an occasional milk. I am also going to allow myself fish if I feel myself REALLY dragging...I feel as though this is a very attainable and realistic goal for lent, and a very sustainable goal for the future. Who knows, maybe I will continue it after the 40 days is over! Wish me luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment