Search This Blog

Monday, March 5, 2012

Living Meat Free!

Just an update on living meat free:

I am having virtually no trouble living without meat. In fact, I am finding out that I am trying new foods as I go along. Chickpeas, which I had never tried before outside of hummus, have become one of my favorite foods! Beans, quinoa and other protein sources of course have been staples, but trying new foods has been the best part. I think this experiment might last a whole lot longer than lent....

I think my next phase of my diet is going to be phasing out gluten. I am beginning to chose the gluten free option when I can at the dining center, beginning to check things for gluten and such.

I am still on the never ending journey to find the source of my stomach troubles and pain, so phasing things out of my diet seems to be the best option at this point, since a lot of other things have failed. This is all just part of this new adventure! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment