Search This Blog

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Hello all! Some protein stuff I found this week! :)

I felt like it was time for another post! :)
 UPDATE: And this is big for me...I have found a protein bar that I like!! They are called "Think Thin" bars from Hannaford, and they are SOO good. I usually find that once I begin eating a protein bar, I automatically can taste the protein that has been pumped into it. Since I get the lower sugar protein bars, I usually have to deal with the sugar alcohols or bust. These "Think Thin" bars, only have about 4g of sugar alcohols, along with 3 g of sugar. They also have a lot of fiber, and depending on which kind you get, the calories are MUCH lower than a regular protein meal bar. The 10g protein bar that I like the best tastes more like candy to me...but it's a bar with nuts in it, and it only have 190 calories...which is about as much as a tablespoon of peanut butter, but OH so much more enjoyable! :) OH! And they are Gluten Free! :)

I also found these Quinoa bars from local co-ops that are yummy and gluten free!! They are about 200 calories and 8 grams of protein, and they are more of a treat at 14 g of sugar ( natural, as it's from honey), they are SO good! :) I also found these Sesame nut bars at Hannaford as well, that have around 6g of protein, but I find them to be more of a post/pre workout snack than anything really substantial.

Things I have found are gluten free this week: popcorn ( most brands), Lays "Baked" Potato chips, Greek Yogurt ( Thank the Good Lord, or else I would be eating zilch...), and a lot of vegetarian stuff :)

Two more things :)
I downloaded a couple of apps that may be helpful in your weight loss journey! One is called " Drinking Water" and reminds you to drink water, and also allows you to track your water consumption. It's pretty cool, because it will create a chart of all of your days, and you can visually see how you are doing. But I like the app mostly for the notifications, and accountability to myself to drink. I set my goal high, so if I don't reach it, then I will know that I drank enough to sustain myself....

I also downloaded "iMapmyRun", which is a GPS tracking app for runners. There is also a similar app called
"iMapmyWalk", which is for walkers. I enjoy it, because I can post my routes to Facebook, and also keep track of my exercise for the days past, and keep myself accountable every day by posting my routes publicly.

Anyway, I think that's enough for tonight! Goodnight all!

I will include some pics with this blog so you can see what all of these bars look like!

<------------Think Thin



<------------Sesame Bar



<-------------Quinoa Bar


Have a good week! And look for my video on youtube this week!

Moe

No comments:

Post a Comment